Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mom Gone Wild

I may have traded in my obsession for buying books for our children's library to something completely different. Girl's clothing. To be exact clothing sized 3 -6 months. I literally can't stop myself. I went to the Galleria today with four kids just to pick up some tights and ended up with four more outfits. I just bought three outfits the other day. Then Stacy picked up something for me Saturday and bought four more herself. Then there was the shopping spree my dad went on two weeks ago.

I actually thought to myself, I hope Chelsea has a baby girl because I have all this clothing she can use. What??? Of every female in my life, why I decided Chelsea at 20 years old was the one who needed these adorable hand me downs is beyond me. So, no Chelsea, just wait and I'll get you all new stuff. I promise.

To prove to myself that I'm not a clothes hound, I added three books to my Amazon cart. I need to go through my list before I order and make sure I don't need anything else before Lent starts. That could be a disaster as well as an argument since Lance doesn't like when I order books before big liturgical seasons. It doesn't seem to work out for our checking account.

5 comments:

  1. How could you possibly stop yourself?? Baby girl clothing is so ADORABLE! My friend's 1 year old has more shoes than the mom does...plus more outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, yeah.. I should probably find a husband before you think about passing along clothing to my non-existent daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, it is so hard. And I just got some bows for her! Too freaking awesome.

    Need to pay off her medical bills before buying anything else!

    Maybe I'll make you a hope chest, Chelsea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to have a girl just for this reason. I am so not a girly girl but am in love with baby girl clothes/bows/tutus/headbands---love it all! We can't wait to see pics of your girl in her new outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same with me, but it is so hard not to love baby clothing. It's everywhere I go too. Heading to the consignment shops this week to look for smocked stuff at a discount.

    And I cannot get enough of tutus! Plus, a friend just bought some bows for her too. So flipping cute. Seriously, I could go broke, now if only I could dress myself!

    ReplyDelete