Friday, June 19, 2009

Super Saints

What a great day! We had 15 kids for the kickoff of our Saints program! We celebrated the Feast of the Sacred Heart. Most of this group met at Sacred Heart Co-Cathedral and while some of us have moved to different parishes, this feast day is still important to us and was a great way to start this new group. Our goal is to provide our children with some Catholic fellowship and introduce them to the Saints in a fun way so that they will look to them for inspiration throughout their lives.

We had a coloring page, made a cool Sacred Heart craft, made Holy cards, had snack time and played a lot. Despite being miserably hot, (in my opinion) the kids played non-stop. A few moms that wanted to come today were unable to come, but I am happy with our turnout. I hope that everyone can come as often as possible and that others will join in making this a success for our children.

























Group Photo

2 comments:

  1. Nicole, I had no idea you have a blog! What fun. So sorry I missed today. I want to come when we can.
    love,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!!

    Signed,
    Wishing I were in TX!

    ReplyDelete