Thursday, September 24, 2009

One Day at a Time

Joan asked how my new attitude is going so far. I can honestly admit that yesterday was the first "good" day. What can I say, I'm a work in progress! I don't mean that to sound flip because I understand how my behavior has adversely affected our family. BUT, I don't take responsibility for Lance's behavior on air earlier this week. He was pissed all on his own about the Astros.

I admit that I started to get really upset inside because once again Goose was missing his reading time, but I pretty much held it in and decided that he will have to read every day as soon as he comes home from school. That is just the way it is until someone makes more hours in the day. I won't give up reading with him and don't feel like I should have to, esp. since he STILL hasn't started reading at school yet. I know, I know, that was a bit negative, but really how many weeks have to pass by before he gets into a reading group???

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you are working towards your goal of self-improvement and it sounds like you are headed in the right direction. I love reading your entries.

    Double Rods!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete