Monday, January 10, 2011

Daybook~Winter

For Today...January 10, 2011

Outside my window...it's cold again. You can look outside and sense the dreariness. I actually love this weather. The only problem when it gets this cold is bringing in all the potted plants. Thankfully, I can still say I'm not supposed to lift anything heavy. Have fun boys! Speaking of boys, I swear, Squirt tried to wear shorts to school today.

I am wearing...blue sweats and a longhorn fleece.

I am listening to...the boys sing. Love their voices!

I am grateful...that I met my husband and had our first date on 1/9, for No David's mischievous smile, coffee and DVD's.

The most romantic thing I did...was yesterday, and it might not seem romantic to most. Lance and I saw two movies on our first date. These days, despite my love for movies, I rarely watch movies with Lance. Last night, we sat together and did nothing but watch an Oscar contender together. We used to recreate our first date, but this year we can't do that so this was just as nice.

I am thinking...about this quote: "It is above all in the home that, before ever a word is spoken, children should experience God's love in the love which surrounds them." I need to find ways to give God's love to my family each day. Period.

From the learning rooms...we're onto L week...the Lonestar State, Ladybugs, long vowels and patterns. And patience.

Around the house...no projects for now. Soon though we'll be trying to figure out the rooms again. Who sleeps where and so on.

From the kitchen...menu planned again. I like what I have planned, but now I think I need to add a soup since it's so cold outside. The Baby Hulk wants hotdogs and a picnic. That doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

Towards Rhythm and beauty...so I had a bad day and a half, but I feel much better. We're settling into somewhat of a routine around here. Of course, that changes once we get back to the gym, but for now, we enjoy dropping the kids off at school, then snacking, then school.

No David...I must starve this kid. Yesterday he was being super cute hiding in the pantry, only I finally realized that he was eating the entire time he was being cute. There were crumbs everywhere. Friday night we caught him doing something very similar.

Happy to report...that I have seen three movies and started another. At the rate I will have seen all the Oscar hopefuls by the end of the month. YAY! Need to see True Grit, 127 Hours, The King's Speech. I am super behind on docs, but if I can at least finish the main categories soon, I will be happy.

Sad...that Chelsea left for school today. She isn't coming home for Spring break, so we won't see her until May. I think all the boys around here are going to miss her.

A few plans for the week...swim lessons, movies, napping?

One of my favorite things...my new Gucci purse! Super excited about it except for the fact that one side kind of droops. SO I am taking it back this afternoon to exchange it. They are going to think I am crazy because it is barely noticeable, but I notice and it is killing me.

And no pictures for the week...how sad, I have this beautiful family, but I don't have time to load pictures.

4 comments:

  1. That's so sweet that you & Lance have a movie date night just like you did on your 1st date. I can't remember the last time we watched a movie together. Although we have been making time to catch up on The League (which we find hilarious) & Boardwalk Empire, which we can't get enough of now that we finally started watching it. Have you seen The Rabbit Hole? Some friends saw it & said it was very very good. A very sad topic though. Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 86, True Grit has a 95 holy crap gonna have to see that for sure! Glad your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey There Nicole! Just got your letter. CONGRATULATIONS- YOU GOT YOUR GIRL! You now have me tied with 4 biological children right? She is sooo beautiful. Makenzie is a Toyota driving, teenage varsity cheerleader. Can you believe it? Bob C. will be here this weekend for some pheasant hunting. We have a great time together. I had not checked your blog for 10 months. A lot can happen in such a short time.

    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you watch? Dumb question with all those kids I suppose, but why don't you guys watch more movies? Enjoy the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Todd, do you still have my email? I only have your old work email so shoot me an email if you have mine.

    So jealous that you get to see Bob this weekend. Tell him hi. I know I sent him a card, but now I can't remember addressing it. And am now wondering if I really sent it! We are hoping to see relatives in Western Kansas this summer so maybe we can all meet in Wichita.

    And No, I can't believe Makenzie is driving!! She is beautiful; I remember when she was born.

    Congrats on the new office. We need to catch up.

    ReplyDelete