Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Awwww....How Sweet

Lance just walked in with a card and dessert. I almost went straight for the dessert, but he made me read the card first. Turns out today is the anniversary of the first day we met! And he remembered! (I remembered too, just a few days early. But really, I have a lot on my mind right now! BCS, anyone?)

Lance had an appearance at BW3's, and I went to meet him and John. (I might add that I was so late, I almost missed him.) I had no clue what he looked like, I just knew that he loved football, movies and that he didn't really like the Longhorns. My then boyfriend introduced us, and Lance recognized my name from my emails. There weren't too many "Nicoles" writing in at that time. I had no idea, but four different girls were hitting on Lance that night. I guess I was safe since I was with someone. Regardless, I sent him an email that night about concert tickets I was hoping he could get, and he responded when he got home that night. I spent the next day analyzing every line of his email, just like any OCD girl would.

Within the week, I had broken up with my boyfriend and went on the most amazing first date: two movies, dinner, cheesecake at Copeland's and talking at the cars until midnight. It might not seem like a big deal, but this date started at 4 pm. Going on that date with Lance was the best decision I ever made.

Showing up at BW3's was a lifesaver for me. And him.

1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet that you still remember the date you first met! That's true love!

    ReplyDelete