Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Daybook~ Birthday Week~ January 20, 2010

Outside my window...The sun is shining, and it's 71 degrees! The kids loved playing outside yesterday. I hope this weather continues so that we can continue to have some outdoor fun.

I am listening to...The Getup Kids, Don't Hate Me. I was looking for something else on iTunes, but had to stop here when I saw their name.

I am wearing...my workout clothes. I am changing soon, I swear!

I am thankful for...my mom, who went to Squirt's district inspection not once, but twice (in the pouring rain) because both Lance and I forgot to tell her the correct time. Thank you, MOM!

I am reading...True Compass, a travel book so I can decide where I want to go next, and the Second City book. My nightstand is full.

From the kitchen...a full menu planned! Last week I won "mother of the block" (NOT) after realizing Baby Hulk had pizza four times in one week. SO...I planned a great menu for the entire week, including lunches and will follow through. My first temptation came today when Lance told me he had a tasting to attend. I declined! I am sticking to my menu.

I am thinking...how fast times flies. It seems unreal how fast this year has gone, but that has been life for the past several years. I want it to slow down so I can savour all of it. I guess I need to work on living NOW and enjoying life as it is.

I am creating...a care package for Chelsea and invitations for a party.

Towards Rhythm and Beauty...I work best when I'm on a routine. I'm a list person and I love crossing things off my list. I think my kids work best when they are on a routine, but I'm trying to figure that out with the Baby Hulk...I am in the process of trying to get slightly serious about doing some pre-school work with him, and I need to figure out what is going to work best for his personality. Something tells me I am going to learn to be very flexible with this kid.

To live the liturgy...I am really trying to attend daily Mass, but the Hulk is making it hard. As I said recently, he thinks it is "terrible". This morning, he told me that we only go to church when the big kids are home, not when they are at school. He is pretty smart, that one.

I am praying for...a friend that is going through a hard time.

On keeping home...I love a clean house and the smell of Fabulouso!

One of my favorite things...Big Love.

A few plans for the rest of the week...


  • I've already had a busy week...playdate at the park, Super Saints, and a puzzle get together yesterday
  • workout
  • swim lessons
  • celebrating a namesake feast day
  • Lance's birthday
  • dinner with good friends
  • dinner with the family
  • possibly the zoo
  • the post office
  • baking a cake for LZ

A picture thought I am sharing...

Baby Hulk and I goofing off Friday night

No comments:

Post a Comment