Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Daybook~ Sick Mama

Outside my window...it's cold again! This would be great, except I feel sick. I have no desire to be outside right now. I am just hoping it doesn't dip below freezing because I don't want to bring in all the plants.

I am listening to...complete quiet. I really like this. One of the things I pride myself on is how little my children watch television. Not their choice, totally me. I don't want them to have to be entertained and have noise all the time. When I have babysitters, the first thing I tell them is no television or maybe one 30 minute show. I want my kids to be creative and silence forces that upon them. It's a little harder with people who leave on televisions all day.

I am wearing...my boxer pants and a t-shirt with Snoopy slippers.

I am thankful for...a good husband who takes care of me when I am sick.

I am reading...the same as before. I swear, it takes me FOREVER to read anything these days. I do have some options for a family vacation this summer if we take one or for my 40th birthday trip!

From the kitchen...I have some great ideas for the week, but right now I feel so bad, so I'm not sure what we're going to do. Hopefully, by Tuesday, I can get on track and have some nice meals for the kiddos.

I am praying...for HOT WATER. Yes, it's 33 degrees outside and I have no freaking HOT WATER. I just had someone come for an after hours visit to tell me, "yep, it's broken and I can't fix it until tomorrow." Just what I wanted to hear as I was writing him a check for this visit. The plumber did tell me he thinks the work and parts should be under warranty, but that means another call and waiting.

I am creating...a photo book on Shutterfly. I have a free photo book offer that ends today! I figure I can at least put something together about me and my baby! Nothing like waiting until the last minute. Hopefully, I can get this together before Lance needs the computer. I hate to miss a free offer! Does this make me cheap?

Towards a real education...I am so excited about some plans I am making for Baby Hulk. I am getting super organized and I'm not sure why. I think this child is definitely going to need less organized plans. Regardless, I have some really cool plans for "theme" weeks like Dinosaur week and "truck" week. I can't wait to get started. I just have to order a Handwriting program for him. Next September, I'll start something more formal when he starts reading.

To live the liturgy...lots of plans this week, which are being messed up by the sick house. Candlemas is Tuesday, St. Blaise on Wednesday and the blessing of the throats, plus the feast of St. Agatha. I had the best plans for tomorrow at Super Saints, but we will have to postpone so that nobody else gets sick. I have been talking with a friend across the country and sharing ideas and this has been awesome. She and her son are going to start participating with us, which is such a lesson for our kids about the Universal Church.

Around the house...I want new shelves for our living room. We were supposed to go looking this weekend, but that plan got sidelined. We are also in the process of designing our garage. We're meeting with the architect tomorrow.

On keeping home...just trying to get rid of all the germs. Then do a major clean before our company arrives.

One of my favorite things...Really, two of my favorite people: Paul and Brian. They are coming in town this weekend to celebrate Lance's birthday.

The Kobra...is a MESS. There is literally no other word for him. He is into EVERYTHING! It is so cute, but slightly annoying. He climbs on tables, then gets mad when he falls over. He yells at the Hulk, which is really funny in my opinion. He gets into the trash, nonstop. None of the other kids were like this.

To be fit and happy...who thinks I am happy about the fact that I didn't get to work out last week? And won't be able to work out for at least two days this week because I'm sick. So not happy about this. But what can I do? I will take care of myself so that I have a great weekend. I promise.

A few plans for the rest of the week...

  • lunch at the park- cancelled
  • Super Saints- cancelled
  • swim lessons- hopefully!
  • mushroom throwdown- have a feeling Lance will be doing this alone, so not fair!
  • Paul and Brian
  • Lance's birthday dinner at REEF
  • three new restaurants over the weekend

A picture thought I am sharing...

My baby boy is turned around. Makes me sad.

2 comments:

  1. Who do you guys think the baby looks like? I can't really tell.

    - Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's a mushroom throwdown?

    ReplyDelete