Wednesday, August 5, 2009

People Who Clap During Movies

I love movies. Every year, Lance and I fly to Chicago for an Oscar party. Now that we a lot of kids, I end up power watching all the Oscar contenders over a two week period. You can safely assume that I watch a lot of movies and I can promise you that there has never been a movie that I have been so moved by that I was inspired to clap at the end of the movie much less during the movie. I hate clapping at the movies so much that it can ruin the entire experience for me.

Tonight, Lance and I had tickets for a preview showing of Julie and Julia. A timely movie for us considering Lance's new venture. The movie was fine, Meryl Streep was fabulous as always. It amazes me just how great an actor she is. The only complaint I have was the audience. They laughed at everything. Julia Child had a great sex life with her husband, let's all roar with laughter and clap our hands. You can imagine what this crowd would have been like watching Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally.

Netflix, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment