Friday, August 14, 2009

If I'm Cranky

Let's count the reasons I'm cranky these days...could it be the surly teenager in my house? Could it be the fact that I have to send my five year to school for almost eight hours a day and I don't want to? Could it be the cute but whiny two year old who constantly tells me what he doesn't want? Or could it be the one year old who has been sleeping through the night since he was 3 months, but now wakes up and can ONLY be consoled by me. If dad walks into the room, he goes into high gear and starts screaming, hitting and kicking until I come rescue him. Cute? I don't think so. He is on the fast track to last on the list in this household. Right now, he is holding me hostage when I should be at the bookstore having a coffee with my husband. Every other child is cooperating with my plan, why can't he???

1 comment:

  1. one day....all too soon the baby will be ten, and hardly need you at all. Enjoy this trying time. It's why you're a mom.....and I've got one of those teens too...actually two, one is a stepson....this is some new territory for me. I love it when I get to steal away and have lunch with my husband, it doesn't happen very often.

    ReplyDelete