Sunday, November 22, 2009

Pittsburgh Here We Come

I can't wait until we are on the plane! Whoever thought that would come out of my mouth? I hate to fly and have finally resorted to Xanax to make it through the flight. I take enough for a two hundred pound person and still get extremely nervous. At least, I have stopped ripping my skin (for the most part) when I fly. I don't fly without Lance which stinks because that means I'll never have a girls' weekend.

I have been trying to pack for myself and the kids all day with a break for a pedicure and a party out in Kingwood. It's been one of those days where nothing seems to go right. My breakfast stunk, my coffee stunk, Goose's coat didn't fit, the baby wouldn't nap, and Baby Hulk has been testing the limits all day. He has refused to do one thing I have asked of him ALL. DAY. LONG. I've lost my patience and reconsidered my stance on spanking. Don't worry, Mom and Dad, I didn't falter. We're still a no spanking zone. (Not that he deserves it!)

Thankfully, the little ones are sleeping so I can finish packing for myself. In all the shopping I've done recently, I forgot to buy something to wear for Thanksgiving Day. I know we can go shopping in Pittsburgh, but it wasn't high on my list of things to do. The boys are excited about seeing their grandparents tomorrow. Goose gets a new state book! Hopefully, everyone will be good on the plane ride and it will go smoothly. For now, I'm waiting on Jessica to bring me some dessert! She was over here earlier to say goodbye and saw how flustered I was getting. She is such a good child!

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I don't think that I thought you and your brother anything by not spanking and only yelling. Although "EXPERTS" are still saying that children that have been spanked and are still being spanked these days are turning out to be much more agressive than other children. HOWEVER, experts are also saying that yelling has become the new SPANKING!!! So it seems like we parents can't ever get it right!!! Sorry and good luck.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how is the trip so far? Nothing to report?

    Joan
    Double Rods!

    ReplyDelete