Wednesday, November 24, 2010

We Are Thankful

It's been one of those days where I just wanted to go back to bed. And to make matters worse, nothing bad even happened. I just didn't get enough sleep and was tired and sore from my work out yesterday. Poor Lance, he kept getting text messages during his show about why my morning was so, so bad.

I read something about having an "abundant life". I like how that sounds and generally think like that. It is busy and there is always something on my list, but that doesn't take away from the joy. And there is so much joy in our lives. These boys are truly a gift to us and my hope is that we treat them as such.

The picture was taken this morning and it's our grateful tree. Every one in the family contributed, some more than others. It took us a while to get here, my plan was for us to write something every night in November and talk about what we were thankful for during dinner. Nobody was interested. Finally, the Baby Hulk and I started our tree yesterday and had things ready for the other boys when they came home from school. I had to bribe No David with food to let me trace his hand. Lance didn't understand why he had to trace his hand, and the Baby Hulk said "I guess I'm thankful for my family."

Looking at what everyone wrote, we are grateful for a lot of things, but mostly each other. I am so grateful for my amazing husband and four beautiful sons. I'm grateful for the chance to hold another baby soon. We're grateful for friends, two special girls in our lives, grandparents, cousins, football, Snoopy and my favorite from Goose and the Baby Hulk...God, Jesus, Mary and the Saints. Abundance is a good thing.


Happy Thanksgiving from The Zierlein Family

No comments:

Post a Comment