Friday, December 18, 2009

Really?

Yesterday I received a letter from a law firm in Kansas City acting in the form of a collection agency. Turns out I have an unpaid parking ticket with a fine of $35. Let's see, the last time I had a vehicle in the state of Missouri was 1995. I don't even remember getting a ticket and not paying for it. And I would remember deliberately not paying a ticket even after all these years.

I just can't believe that they sent this fine to a collection agency. By the time they pay off the agency, the county will receive maybe half the fine. And that is if I pay it.

I tried to look up the ticket on the Municipal Court site, but couldn't find a thing because I needed my old license plate number. So I called the law firm, and they are closed for the holidays. The chances of this ticket ever getting paid are about zero. I guess this means I can't drive in KC should I ever return.

1 comment: