Friday, December 4, 2009

Why I Don't Scrapbook

Last year, I decided to make my own Christmas cards rather than order them online. I'm not sure why. I'm not creative, have horrible handwriting and it's not really any cheaper than buying them. This year I was really excited to make our cards. After all, I had the perfect picture, as perfect as it gets with four kids. It only took over 500 shots to get a good picture, and I am so not kidding about that. (Honestly, the picture is pretty good of everyone but me. I can't believe I am sending out a card where I don't look the best.)

Since I wasn't able to finish my list for the week, I decided I had to finish my cards tonight or I wasn't going to be happy. So now it's 1:15 in the morning, and I have run out of scrapbook tape and my new gold pen didn't make it past ten cards. Who thinks I won't be getting my money back on that one? And yes, I am willing to stand in line at freaking Hobby Lobby for however long it takes to get back my 3 bucks on that pen. The problem is I don't know if it's a defective pen or if I just need one pen for every 8-9 cards. Once I finish the cards, I still have to find envelopes sometime this weekend. It's back to a collage card from Shutterfly next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment