Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Best Laid Plans

Things don't always work out the way we plan. I know this about life, but still get disappointed when things don't go the way I want. Today is my wedding anniversary. The day I committed myself to the man I love. Forever. We spent a few days at the Houstonian, the hotel where our wedding reception was held. We had appointments for an afternoon at the spa at 1:30 today. The babysitter arrived at 12:30 so we wouldn't be late. Afterwards we were going to the Faberge exhibit, then to Little Bigs for a quick dinner.

It didn't matter. Goose's eye has not improved in five days despite being on medicine since Sunday night. I talked to the pediatrician who informed me that he had been prescribed the wrong dose of medicine so we needed to up the amount. BUT he still wanted Goose to see an opthamologist immediately. At the same time, my mom was trying to get out of the house. She didn't get very far because it seemed like her battery was dead. We charged it, but then it just completely stopped before she got anywhere. Bye-bye spa, Hello waiting room, hello drive out to Kingwood to get mom to her side of town.

I was just commenting on spending time alone with each child and how great that is. I think Goose's special time is up after the past few days. I'm kidding, sort of. The only free time we had from Goose was at our anniversary dinner last night. He agreed to stay home as long as we picked him up afterwards.

In the end we can always reschedule our day at the spa. We had to make sure there weren't any problems developing with Goose's vision. With kids plans change all the time. At least Lance and I spent the day together even if it was at the doctor's office. In sickness and in health, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment