Sunday, June 20, 2010

Weekend Review

This weekend was fabulous. After a long week during which I barely saw Lance, I decided we needed a night to ourselves. We fed the kids a real meal, (not frozen chicken or mac-n-cheese), and put them to bed. (Not Squirt!) We waited thirty minutes for the young ones to fall asleep then took off for our date. We decided on Bistro Don Camillo since it was close to home and they had recently been on Southbound Food. The food didn't disappoint. We even saw someone there who went after hearing about it on Southbound Food. It was so nice to just sit and relax with my hubby especially since I knew he would be gone for half of the next day.

I was so excited to make it to my Bodystep class on Saturday. I LOVE this class and have missed it so much since the instructor started working a new job during the week. She wants me to come in at 6 in the morning to workout with her, but I'm not sure I have it in me to do that and still deal with the kids ALL. DAY. LONG.

We went to our friends Clint and Shea's 40th birthday party Saturday night. I met Clint and Shea through Lance, and I love that I've managed to become friends with them on my own too. I think they feel the same way. We don't see them nearly as much as we should, but we have managed to catch a few dinners over the past six months and I'm hoping we continue this trend. I really like that they want to hang out with us, and not us and our kids! The party was fabulous with incredible food. Shea's mom is an amazing cook and is always willing to give out recipes, too bad my stuff doesn't come out quite the same!

We had a quiet Father's Day: got up, went to Mass (amazing sermon), then saw this fellow walking through the neighborhood leaving Mass. Can you believe it? The lady we talked to says there is also a male that runs around with this chick!

We spent the afternoon with my dad and brother, my other two favorite dads. The grilling was awesome as usual, and the kids came home exhausted. My dad even shared the special dessert I made for him. He still has a third left for himself, but I know he was watching us to make sure we didn't eat too much.

My highlight of the weekend...My Goose learned how to ride a bike. A girl bike, a midget bike, but nonetheless, A TWO WHEELER! I am so excited for him. He was so proud of himself and so were his brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment