Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Daybook~ Summertime

For Today...June 13, 2010

Outside my window...it's almost dark outside. And the weather doesn't completely stink right now! It was a beautiful day, and we took advantage at the pool.

I am listening to...Baby Hulk yell for me. Soon I'll be listening to the baby crying. Clearly, BH has no interest in sleeping right now.

I am wearing...black longhorn shorts and a white t-shirt.

I am thinking...about how hard it is to take the BH and Kobra to church sometimes. I've talked about Baby Hulk and his scream cries; it happened tonight at Mass. I literally had to put him outside the door and step inside so I could listen to the readings. Most people wouldn't do that, but listening to him scream would have only made me mad. Then Kobra didn't want to sit so he started fussing. When Lance would try and bring him back to sit with us, he would yell, "NO". I am not a fan of nurseries for children because I think kids need to learn how to behave during Mass, but sometimes these two drive me crazy. Thankfully, these incidents don't normally happen at Mass.

I am wondering...what is going to happen to UT. I've been going back and forth with my brother on this, and it's stressing me out. I want to know if we're moving to the PAC 10, (so not interested in going to play in Arizona!) or the Big 10 or staying put and possibly adding a couple of new teams to the Big 12. Hopefully, this week will offer answers and soon!

From the kitchen...lots of fresh fruit. I love summer fruits, and my fridge is packed with healthy snacks right now.

To be fit and happy...I'm fit, I work out five days a week, I just don't look it. Oh well.

Around the house...I don't know how it happened, but somehow we didn't go through Squirt's folders the last day of school. We ALWAYS do this at the end of each year. This way we don't have a lot of crap and useless papers taking up space. Squirt and I carefully go over each subject and decide what to keep. He usually keeps a few more items than I would like, but we also go through "old" papers as well and he usually tosses a bunch wondering why he kept it in the first place. I am also getting rid of excess toys and clothing. Part of me wants to sell some stuff, but that really isn't me. I will be making a huge run to the donation center this week.

I am praying for...all of my babies and for a relaxed summer.

I am thankful for...my amazing hubby and his values. His motto is to always ask himself if his kids would be ashamed to see him act a certain way. He is not perfect, but I never have to worry about him doing or saying something stupid when I'm not around.

From the learning rooms...you didn't think Goose would get a break did you?! I took the Globe out today so we can check out where each team in the World Cup is on the globe. Kobra promptly took the "pen" that comes with it and we have no idea where it is. We'll do a unit on Soccer and pick a country to study. We're reading and doing some math as well. I am so excited to have my star pupil back home.

To live the liturgy...I haven't hosted Super Saints in a few weeks. To be honest, I really needed the break, but the boys have asked the past two Mondays about their club so we are on this week. (Assuming I get it together and call everyone tonight.) This month is dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. We got our craft from last year out, and the boys were happy to them again. We're learning about the 12 promises and discussing our favorites. We'll also focus on St Anthony of Padua and Sts. Peter and Paul, my favorites, this month. I've also been trying to start "explaining" the Eucharist to Goose. We've found two really good books that he really likes.

Kobra this week...this kid can't stop talking. He cracks me up. He is bossier than ever now that he knows his words!

One of my favorite things...old music. Since Lance was gone last night and the kids were asleep by 7 pm, I spent the night going through old CD's.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Super Saints
  • Moody Gardens in Galveston, I think
  • swim lessons
  • dr appt
  • haircut, do I dare??
  • pedicure
  • lunch date
  • Clint and Shea's 40th birthday!

A picture thought I am sharing...


Why am I paying for swim lessons again when all he does is hold the wall???

No comments:

Post a Comment