Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Moody Gardens

I took the boys to Moody Gardens today. BY MYSELF. Okay, it wasn't that big of a deal, but I can say that I won't be doing a short beach vacation by myself and the boys. First, it's a little difficult trying to watch two that can swim and want to go EVERYWHERE and two others that want to just wade. Second, I hate beaches. Why do I always forget this fun fact? Last summer we took a vacation to the beach, and while I loved the company and the history we were able to see, the beach part was just so-so. I can't stand sand. So much so that I literally used ONE towel today just so that the rest of the towels I brought didn't get sandy.

Besides me being OCD about sand, I have to say that today was nearly perfect. For both me and the boys. There are days when I look back and am so sad at how I've behaved as a mother, but not today! I am so happy that despite things getting a bit hectic a couple of times and the Baby Hulk throwing a screaming fit, I held it together and it showed in how everyone behaved. I was so proud of how everyone got along and listened to me. I love days like today and it shows that I can be that mother that my boys deserve and that I so desperately want to be.

We enjoyed the Aquarium and Palm Beach, then stopped at Whataburger on the way home! A perfect ending as far as I'm concerned! The Aquarium was small, but fine. It's hard to really enjoy aquariums after seeing Shedd and the Atlanta Aquariums, but the boys had fun and actually read a lot of information about the various sea life. The beach was fun, but I must admit that within ten minutes I sent Lance a text asking when I could leave. I lasted an hour longer than I thought I would. The boys really had a great time and were so appreciative of this outing.


Not a great picture, but I thought it was kind of cool.


My two penguins


I knew I had four kids!


I think this means we had a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I so with you on the beach thing. I feel like the world's worst mom because I've only taken the kids a couple of times. And I was totally stressed about all the sand, and sunscreen that makes the sand stick to you, and saltwater that's just gross. . . . Of course the kids loved it, but I started counting the minutes until we could leave as soon as we got there. It doesn't help that with the exception of Will, the rest of us burn just by looking at a picture of the sun. Just yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about "worst mom". Yesterday, I was all "we can go every couple of weeks to Galveston" and now I can safely say we won't be going again until next summer, and that's a maybe. And we weren't even at a "real" beach. I can promise we wouldn't have lasted more than two hours at a regular beach.

    After I wrote this, I decided that I might want to go to Cabo or the like one day with just Lance. I figure he and I could handle getting sand off ourselves. I liked the Mediterranean, and I'm sure would enjoy it much more with my hubby! But overall, give me the big city any day!

    ReplyDelete