Sunday, February 21, 2010

The End of an Era

I'm done. Over it! Finally, pissed beyond reason. I will NEVER go to Pappasitos on Hillcroft again. EVER! I don't care who wants to go, and that includes my kids, my dad and in-laws. That should show how serious I am.

I love Pappasitos and when we moved to our neighborhood, I was so excited that there was one just down the street. In fact, this was the one I had frequented years ago when there were only two Pappasitos in Houston. Back when my dad would actually wait more than an hour to be sat down at a chain restaurant. BUT, no more. At this point, the food at this location is mediocre at best and the service can only be described as shitty. The last two times we ate there, we waited over thirty minutes for fajitas and kids quesadillas. Hmmm...aren't fajitas a mainstay at this place? Today, we waited seven minutes before being greeted by our waitress and another six minutes before getting our water. WTF? I HATE bad service. Lance got his salad before we had our drinks. We NEVER even got our food because I finally had it. I am done and will never eat there again.

To make matters worse, I had to come home and have another freaking turkey sandwich. I eat turkey sandwiches every flipping day. And since I had been eating chips at Pappasitos, I couldn't have chips at home. UGH.

Can someone tell me where I can find a Pappasitos with good service????

And before anyone tells me that there are tons of great Mexican restaurants in this city, I know that. But I can say that I don't like the fajitas at any of those restaurants except Lupe Tortillas and I don't like their tortillas.

5 comments:

  1. The one in Sugarland is good, but that's kind of far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you need to learn to cook mexican food then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you come up with some alternatives that have good fajitas AND tortillas, will you post them, please?? I agree that the service at ALL Pappasitos has really gone downhill. Not worth it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pappasitos hayday is over. Their service has been in steady decline since they changed their hiring practices. A ton of people have experienced the same thing you did which is why they are never on those crazy waits anymore. Who wants to wait an hour and then get bad service? Instead the bad service has stayed and the waits (and business?) have gone away. Sorry for such a long message but this one hit an old, exposed nerve. Love your blog!

    Paul G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to work in the Pappas company a couple of years back and I can tell you that the Sitos on Hillcroft is notorious within the company for slumping sales and poor service. There are better ones, but you happen to live near the worst.

    ReplyDelete