Monday, February 8, 2010

One of My Least Favorite Things...

I completely forgot about this...The Blind Side. I can't think of a movie this year that has sucked more than this movie. I admit I can be cynical about popular movies, but I do like mainstream movies too. Bring It On is one of my all time favorite movies. I'm not a Sandra Bullock fan, but I LOVE While You Were Sleeping. Probably because I love Bill Pullman, but again, another fluff movie that I love.

I can't even properly explain why I hated the Blind Side so much except to say that it was laughable when it shouldn't have been funny, the acting was terrible from Ms. Bullock to the main kid to the coach to the annoying little boy. There is nothing good about bad dialogue and bad acting. Seriously, this movie was painful to watch. I don't like dumb concepts where a mom calls the coach during a game and the coach answers the phone. It just doesn't happen.

Anyone remember Varsity Blues? Remember the Titans? Rudy? Wildcats? (yes, the Goldie Hawn movie.) All of these are better movies. Actually, anything on Lifetime, television for women, is better than this movie. When Sandra Bullock wins an Oscar, I can assure you that the puking I wanted to do yesterday will finally happen. It will be worse than Julia Roberts winning over Ellen Burstyn. Okay, nothing is worse than that. But this is close.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I couldn't disagree more. My whole family loved the movie and thought it was exceptional. That it was based on a true story made it that much better. To each his or her own!

    ReplyDelete