Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Last Bit of Celebrating

Today was a great day! We celebrated and prepared the house for Lent, which starts tomorrow. Baby Hulk had a play date at the park today, I had a good workout, Goose had a performance at school to celebrate the Chinese New Year, we made a King Cake and the four boys and I went to church for the Mardi Gras celebration and sat with someone from our former church. Despite the fact that the little ones got to bed late, it was so worth going to the party.

Today was a true celebration for us and we are ready for Lent to begin. I think! I hope.

Here are pictures of the boys helping with the King Cake. Really tough recipe...take a tube of cinnamon rolls...you can figure out the rest. We ate the entire thing. I kept telling Squirt afterwards that it was only eight cinnamon rolls between four and a half people!

Our Lenten Calendar. Each day we will pray for something different. This year everyone except Kobra contributed in deciding our daily intentions. I like how personal it is this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment