Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Birthday Girl

I am not the type of person that has tons of friends. I have several really close friends and two very different "best friends."

Marivi is the best friend that I would have sent notes to in school and sign BFF had we known each other in middle school. Had we know each other as young girls, we would have planned to marry best friends and live next door to each other so that our kids would grow up and be best friends or even one day get married. As it is, I didn't become friends with Marivi until college. I knew who she was in high school, but didn't know her until we had an Economics class together my Sophomore year. We've been friends ever since.

We have partied like rock stars together, done Spring Break together, gone through boyfriends and broken engagements together, found the perfect guy, gotten married and had kids. All Together.

I am so thankful for this friend who used to send letters years ago when it actually cost money to place a long distance call. If you don't stay in touch with Marivi, it is entirely your fault. Both her husband and I have benefited from her persistence in staying in touch.

Happy Birthday, my dear friend. I love our morning phone calls, our play dates with the kids and the ability to complain about things without being judged. Thank you for being my best friend and a great listener, especially these days! I hope this year is wonderful for you!

2 comments:

  1. Awww nikki, what ever would I do without a best friend like you! You are my sister and my best friend and thank you for always being there no matter what! I have enjoyed the last 21 years together and look forward to the next 40 together! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps. I love the pic! I want a copy!

    ReplyDelete