Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Daybook~Back To School

For Today...March 23, 2010

Outside my window...it's beautiful outside. The sun is shining and it will be in the 70's soon. I love this weather and plan to take full advantage with the boys.

I am wearing...black workout shorts and a red t-shirt. Getting ready to go to the gym soon.

I am listening to...BH and Kobra scream at each other. It goes like this...Kobra screams and it upsets BH so much that he starts shaking and screaming. It's kind of funny because Kobra has a smile on his face the entire time.

I am praying for...my friend's son who was bit by a dog. All those in RCIA. AND me.

I am thankful for...last week and the fact that despite my own personal misery, I was able to really enjoy the boys.

From the kitchen...Lance and I were planning the menu and it went nowhere. He's on a diet and nothing sounded good to me. Last night we had chili dogs and tonight I have dinner plans so the kids get something super easy again. I will try and make up for it the rest of the week.

I am creating...plans for next week. Holy Week starts this Sunday and I want it to be special for the kids.

Towards Rhythm and Beauty...I'm having a bad year. It started in August and keeps getting worse. There are pockets of good, but not many. The fact of life is that there are ups and downs, moments to earn Grace. The problem is I don't want the Grace right now. Here's hoping I can open up to start living again.

Around the house...I finally did a good clean and have started on the Lenten cleaning. Lance cleaned out his side of the closet and the blinds are looking really good. I think we're avoiding the desk and baseboards.

One of my favorite things...Scones and Pistachio muffins. I love cranberry orange scones. I need to learn how to bake these because I am going to go broke buying them from Starbucks. I have been eyeing these Pistachio muffins for the past two weeks at the store. I finally broke down and bought a few for yesterday's Super Saints meeting. I thought the green would go with Saint Patrick as a snack for the adults. I ate one before anyone even showed up. The problem is they are the size of a softball. Afterwards, I ate another one.

A few plans for the rest of the week...

  • dinner for Carter and Cindy
  • confession
  • swim lessons
  • doctor appointments for the boys
  • art festival
  • movies for Goose
  • play outside

A picture thought I am sharing...

My handsome boy last week

No comments:

Post a Comment