Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Writing Skills

BH has been asking how to spell things lately. A sure sign of his brilliance to me! Finally, Lance decided he needed to attempt to write his name. I was so excited because he practiced with his finger first and seemed to know what to do. I was certain I'd be able to read his first attempt at writing his name. And I could. It was typical for a three year old, and I was so proud. UNTIL I realized that he wrote it with his right hand and not his left hand. I'm a lefty, as is my brother and friend Stacy, two of my favorite people. I want a left handed kid, I can't explain it, but I do. It must be a left handed person thing. Of all our kids, BH has shown from the beginning that he was going to be a lefty: eating, throwing, grabbing with his left hand. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about this. How could I have been so wrong about this?

2 comments:

  1. Kate writes right but does almost all sports left, so there's still hope for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could be really lucky and have an ambidextrous child. Put the pencil in his left hand and see how he does he could just be mirroring what he sees others doing...

    ReplyDelete