Monday, March 1, 2010

Think Calm, Think Calm, Think Calm

I will be chanting this ALL. DAY. LONG.

It's not even 9 am yet, and I'm tired, cranky,and so are my kids. Usually, kids feed off the adults, but this time, I am not taking the blame. Nobody slept last night, so of course, we're cranky. I don't co-sleep (and no judgements on those who do), I have always been clear about the marital bed being just that. So no matter how many times I have had a pain in my neck from sleeping in that yellow chair in the kids' room, I have done it to preserve our room as sacred. Somebody needs to tell the children that because Goose has come into my room for the past five of seven nights and Baby Hulk wants to join too. Each time someone comes in my room, I get woken up. Last night it was Goose. Then BH started crying because he wanted to sleep sitting. Okay, fine, don't wake the baby, except of course, he woke the baby. So there I was in the yellow chair with the baby.

Squirt had to go to school early so everyone got to get out of the car today. A fun treat for everyone, but it's pouring rain today. So, really, not as fun as they thought it was going to be.

Then we had to go to the grocery store to pick up an onion for my crock pot meal. I stopped at Starbucks, only to wait almost ten minutes because I was behind the lady taking coffee and sweets to everyone at work.

Both BH and Kobra have already thrown fits rolling on the floor. Hopefully, it's out of their system.

I'm off to start our Dr. Seuss fun. I can be calm, I know I can.

Except I just remembered we have Super Saints today and the thought of ten kids running around my house makes me want to vomit. (Since it's raining, no playing outside.) Here's hoping some kids are sick. Does that make me bad? I don't think so, just honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment