Friday, March 12, 2010

Parental Advice

Yesterday, I got an email from my dad thanking me about my efforts not to park in parking garages! I thought that was funny. What is funnier is that I give a lot of the same little tidbits that I received from my parents to Jessica and Chelsea. For example, Jessica is now driving, and her gas is paid for. Therefore, she should NEVER ever run out of gas. When I got my first car with a gas card, the rule was always keep your tank above a 1/4. If my parents got in the car and it was lower, I got grounded. To this day, I have never run out of gas. I'm working hard on this one for Jess! Chelsea is leaving for Spring Break soon, and I can't harp enough about her not going off alone and calling for whatever trouble could happen and so on. Who knew my parents were so smart that one day, I'd be using their lines on other kids?

4 comments:

  1. Do you ever talk to Drake, oops Squirt, (sorry I listen to the show so I know everyone's names) about the same things? How far away is he from driving?

    Rods X 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but it's different too some degree. Quite frankly, I don't see him driving the only car we own too often. Lance's car is from the dealership so he won't be driving that at all.

    But yes, he is lucky enough to have even more lectures/talks from me! I think he really likes the one where I talk about respecting women and remaining pure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Quite frankly, I don't see him driving the only car we own too often" hahahahhahha

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here I thought you were going to tell me how careful you were going to be on Spring Break!

    And I know I have too many O's in my first "to". I don't know how to edit it.

    ReplyDelete